Dark Chocolate Protein Brownies

Saturday 13 March 2021

Today is the last Friday of our 3 week Easter break and I cannot believe it's over. Greetings, I know its been a while but I've been so busy revising for my upcoming exams. Now we are all aware that exam revision and snacking go hand in hand and so I've also been working on some easy, healthier snack options to get me through this rather stressful time of year. So on this lovely Thursday evening, I come at you with these dark chocolate protein brownies. I created these with delicious, incredibly fudgey brownies in mind and my goodness are they close to the real thing. This recipe makes around 12 good sized brownies, so what are you waiting for?
Prep: 5 mins                                                           Cooking time: 20 mins
Makes: 12



What you need: 


2 mashed overripe bananas
3 scoops protein powder (I used Bulk Powders Protein but I have also made these with Precision so any would be okay)
1/4 cup oat flour (addition of flour is optional) 
1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla extract 
1/4 cup Grated Dark Chocolate 
Dark chocolate chunks


Method:

1. Preheat the oven the 180C, prepare baking pan and set aside.

2. Melt your nut butter by microwaving it and set aside.

3. Combine the bananas, , protein powder, flour, nut butter and vanilla extract until smooth.

4. Fold in grated dark chocolate until well mixed.

5. Pour the mixture into prepared pan. Sprinkle with dark chocolate chunks then bake for around 15-20 minutes or until cooked through.

6. Remove from oven and allow to cool before slicing into pieces.


It's like grabbing a protein bar or shake after a workout. Enjoy!
Nokhuthula xo 

Latest Instagrams

© Pocketsizedcook. Design by FCD.