Strawberry Kale Salad with Chicken Breast and Avocado

Saturday 5 January 2019

Fruit in a salad? You cannot be serious? That was me a few years back, fast forward to now, I can barely imagine digging into one without fruit. They add some much needed sweetness to savoury dishes, not to mention its a great excuse to add to your 5 a day. Apologies for being M.I.A, Dietetics really does keep me busy but term 1 of year 2 is over and I survived, progress. In other news, I'm  engaged now! It actually happened in September 2018 but I didn't really have the time to announce it then, finally got round to it. Here's a quick salad perfect for a relaxed Staturday.


What you need: 

1 cup fresh kale
1 avocado
1/4 yellow and red bell peppers, chopped
A few strawberries, sliced in half 
Cooked and seasoned chicken breast pieces (I used leftovers) 
3 tbs red kidney beans
1 tbs Light French dressing 
Black pepper and mixed herbs to taste


Method:

Mix kale, Bell peppers and french dressing in a bowl. Season (can use whatever you like here). Top with strawberries and kidney beans with a side of avocado. Serve. 

I even had some left for the next day.


Have a great day!
Nokhuthula xo

Latest Instagrams

© Pocketsizedcook. Design by FCD.