Grey Restaurant, Cardiff Review

Thursday 16 August 2018

In this modern world, it can be difficult to find the time to relax, the time to do something as a couple, yes I'm talking about date night. My boyfriend and I are very much into food, we are self confessed foodies. Date night is something we try and have every week, even if it means just heading out for pizza and the cinema. We recently headed out for a lovely sit down dinner at Grey Restaurant and Lounge which is located in the Hilton hotel here in Cardiff. The decor, modern and minimal, the location, central and the food, read on to find out.

Starter: 

We both love stone baked garlic bread pizza and so it was only inevitable that we would order it as our starter. In comparison to other garlic pizza breads that I've tried, this one was rather exceptional. It wasn't too greasy and the garlic flavouring was just right. Thoroughly enjoyed this one! As for the olives, well I don't really ahev much to say because I don't eat olives. Would you look at that, you've just become aware of a food that I actually hate.

Main course:

For the main course, my boyfriend went for the classic fish 'n' skinny chips which is served with mushy peas and homemade tartare sauce. He really enjoyed it and said the fish was well cooked. I had the Usk Valley Lamb Shank which was clearly slow cooked, it was so temder. This was probably one of the best lamb shanks I've ever tasted! I'm one of those people who's very fussy with their food and for a lamb shank to bring a smile to my face, it must be cooked perfectly, this was. Absolutely delightful! It was served with bubble and squeak which was also rather delicious, all washed down with some refreshing cocktails.


Desert:

Now we all know this is the best part and we obviously had to go for sticky toffee pudding. Served with sea salted caramel ice cream, this is what desert dreams are made of.



Would I recommend Grey Cardiff? Yes. 
Image result for 4 gold stars

Where is it?
Greyfriars Rd, Cardiff.
 CF10 3HH
 Visit the Website for more information.

Enjoy the rest of your week.
Nokhuthula xo





Latest Instagrams

© Pocketsizedcook. Design by FCD.