*Flour-less Banana and Cinnamon Loaf

Monday 29 October 2018

Flour-less she says? Does that shock you, you heard right. This loaf contains no flour thanks to good ol' Oats and an imagination. I woke up on Saturday morning with the urge to bake and so I made my way downstairs to do just that. To my surprise, I was out of both Almond and buckwheat flour but I had Oats. See, my cupboards are full of Oats because they make a great breakfast especially during the winter months. I then went ahead to grab a packet of Oats which I blended into a flour consistency. That's how this little number came about, a good one at that. This flour-less banana and Cinnamon Loaf presented the perfect opportunity to incorporate some of Whitworths seeds. Thank you to the team at Whitworths for gifting me with their new range of seeds, I am seed obsessed after all.

So why Whitworths Seeds? I have a few reasons for you, they come in a convenient seal-able pouch which is handy because seeds can be a nightmare when they spill everywhere. This makes them easy to use and store. So, why not let your creativity come to life.. #Simplyadd. This recipe could be a good place to start, you never know, you just might love it. 

Ingredients: 

1 1/2 cups blended oats
1 large mashed banana
1 tbs cinnamon
2 large eggs
1/4 cup honey
1 tsp baking powder
Unsweetened soya milk
3 tbs 
Whitworths four seed mix


Method: 

1. Preheat oven to 170 degrees Celsius and prepare loaf tin.
2. Add all ingredients into a bowls and mix using an electric hand mixer.
3. Pour your batter into prepared loaf tin then sprinkle 
Whitworths four seed mix.
4. Bake for 25-30 mins. Use clean knife to check if its ready. When knife inserted into cake, it should come out clean.
5. Once ready, leave loaf to cool before serving. 



Happy baking! Be sure to follow me on Instagram for more of my recipes. 



Have a great week!
Nokhuthula xo 

Latest Instagrams

© Pocketsizedcook. Design by FCD.